My friends, this is UConn Country
Our boys did what they had to do
The haters are now eating humble pie
They wish they made it there too.
Many spectators bet against us
They even judged us and counted us out
But with drive and determination
We got the job done, no doubt
Last night, several stars were born
I welcome you to Olliewood
Where anything is possible
And the frickin’ eating is oh, so good
No obstacle can still us
We won’t be thrown for a loop
On April 5 we turned Florida into yummy Gator soup
The earlier teams were no match
For Giffey, Daniels, or Shabazz
We had the home court advantage
We were smooth like cool jazz
I know it stinks in here
It’s the smell of victory by Brimah
Post him at the shot clock
And he can quickly beat the timer
All doubts have been silenced
Hopes have filled the skies
UConn winning the NCAA Championship
Won’t come as NO surprise
Now the work still continues
A duel against Kentucky
To take the championship title
Wouldn’t THAT make us lucky!
GO UCONN!!!!!! SICK ‘EM!!!!!!!!
This is NOT a complete list of signs that someone is from Connecticut. Just several of them are from other sites because I’m sick and tired of New York City and Boston getting all the glory. On that note, all my fellow Nutmeggers unite!
You Know You’re From Connecticut if:
- You get wicked pissed when someone tries to pronounce the second “C”.
- You never went to a bar in high school.
- You thought that the only highways were 91 and 84.
- You thought everyone couldn’t buy beer after 8 pm (or, until last May, on Sundays).
- You actually thought that Hartford was big
- You or someone you know has attended UCONN
- You understand how extremely important “taking the Merritt or 95” is.
- You were sad when the Whalers left.
- You have been to Misquamicut and to that little hot dog place.
- There is a farm within miles of your house.
- You thought bars were really for people over 21
- Your high school Thanksgiving football game was the highlight of your school year.
- You don’t have an accent when you talk
- You have known at least 2 preppy rich kids from Fairfield who listen to Phish.
- You love Hilton Kaderli and your mom cried when he retired.
- UConn basketball rules and no one can tell you different
- You have deer in your backyard.
- You didn’t drink or do drugs until 10th grade.
- You still don’t understand why people say that Connecticut is the richest state.
- Your best friend went to Central, Western, Eastern and finally Manchester (or Tunxis!) Community College.
- Your mom works at Travelers and your dad works at Pratt and Whitney.
- You have been drunk at the Meadows and don’t remember the concert.
- You go to Riverside at least once a summer
- Your parents actually care about the Governor, the Patriots coming to Hartford, the lights at Christmas in Hartford & Channel 3 news.
- You have a UCONN flag outside of your house year round
- You thought New Jersey was a toxic waste dump
- You hang out at Denny’s
- You’ve partied at bonfires
- You have at least one friend with a pickup
- You think everyone works tobacco in the summer
- You think Old Lyme is a shore town
- You’ve been to Cape Cod
- You think the Connecticut River is endless
- The town Diner is the only place open after midnight.
- You have at least 4 friends who drive Jeep Grand Cherokees
- You root for all the New York sports teams
- Anybody asks if you’re from just outside of New York.
- You’ve never looked at a public bus schedule
- You have both girlfriends and guy-friends with the same name as you.
- You go to the diner late night to post party.
- You think New Haven is the worst ghetto you’ve ever seen
- You can proudly tell an outsider about Nutmeg.
- You weekend either on the Cape or Rhode Island at a summer home
- You have said… ” I’m in a good location… Between both Boston and New York.”
- You can carry on a conversation about Mike Liut, Torrie Robertson, and the Brass Bonanza.
- You have to explain Cow Tipping to people from out of state.
- When you go to a real city, you sincerely feel bad for every poor / homeless person you see.
- You get pissed at anyone who doesn’t know how to drive in the snow.
- You can name all the members of the UCONN men’s and women’s basketball teams.
- You still can’t find your way in Hartford (except for that bar area near Union Station.)
- You hold the door open for someone and they don’t say “Thank You.”
- You get scared to ride the bus unless you’re in Hartford.
- You’ve ever shopped at Ames or Bradlees.
- You went to Mianus before Jackass was there,
- You still miss Wawa.
- You’ve ever passed by at least one tobacco field in you life.
- There’s at least one Stop & Shop within 5 miles where you live.
- You’ve gotten lost at Mohegan Sun.
- You dreamed of being on Fox 61 Kids News.
- You actually read this entire post!